Naftali is Oshiwambo and lives in Katutura with his mother, one sister, and one cousin. His father lives in the northern part of Namibia along with two of Naftali’s brothers. He does not support Naftali’s mother who is unemployed.
Your sponsorship will provide the following:
- Yearly education and basic support, school fees paid, a uniform, school books, a backpack with school supplies, and toiletries three times a year.
- Placement in the government school system and monitoring of Naftali’s educational progress by the Centre Administrator.
- Health care, hospitalization fees if necessary, taxi or transportation to health clinic for Naftali to receive treatment and collect medication if under HIV Anti Retro-viral treatment.
- The support of the volunteer FHS Care Guardian who will monitor the Naftali’s well-being within the community and through home visits.
- Counseling, mentorship and life skill activities such as indoor games, day youth camps to build resilience, confidence, self-worth, good character, and to instill values.
- Some children will require tutoring to reach a standard where they can enter into school. Many children start school for the first time when they are 10 years of age or older. See information on why children start school late or drop out.